MT-MB6SA 6.3mm Self-Adhesive Mag-Braid
MAG-BRAID is a stainless steel track braid with magnetic properties. It is a little firmer than regular copper braid. But still flexible and lays down well.
Its nominal size is 6.35mm wide. Since the braid is a woven product, these dimensions are indicative only. They can vary in width between 6.0mm - 6.5mm. The thickness can also vary between 0.8mm - 1.0mm. The Mag-braid suits all types of slot car tracks, and is especially great on tracks where you need magnetic attraction. It's sold by the metre. The wearability will outlast copper braid.
You'll get a perfectly flat finish with the 3M brand self adhesive track braid. No messy glue or fussing with contact adhesive! It makes braiding a track so easy. Just tear off the backing paper and lay it down.
Don't forget to purchase our swivel head BRAID ROLLER to ensure the braid is pressed firmly into the braid recess for good adhesion.
And when you are ready for a Computer Timing system checkout the TRACKMATE systems.
Application tips for Mag-Braid:
- After your braid arrives, measure it and then decide how deep to cut the braid recess.
- After the paint dries, rub the recess with a narrow piece of scourer pad from the kitchen.
- Start laying the braid carefully into the braid recess and up against the recess shoulder.
- After applying braid on both sides of the slot. Give it a good roll with our Braid Roller.
- A little warning. When laying the braid, you might come across some spikey bits.
Call 03-9796-3830 during business hours
Closed Mondays, Tues & Wed 10-5, Thu & Fri 10-9, Sat 10-6, Sun 12-5
We ship regular orders within one business day
Oversized and Bulky Track oders are shipped POA. Please call for quote
Track Building Stuff
You might need a Braid Roller to ensure the braid is firmly pressed into the braid recess.
Forget Hot Glue! Forget messy contact adhesive! This is what you need.